Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive

I'm very much working on my 'potty mouth' as my Mama would call it.  And, I'm doing pretty good until days like this.  When you get up out of the bed cursing your body, you know it's gonna be a 'challenging' day.

I'll never forget when Chase was about 2 1/2 years old and really mimicking every word that came out of my mouth.  My favorite in traffic at the time?  Idjit.  Yeah, it's not a real word, but Chase heard it A LOT and thought it was just hilarious.  I mean really, say Idjit about 5 times, you'll be cackling, too.

I know they are just 'words'- but you gotta keep them under control.  And, I don't curse like a sailor, but dammit man is a favorite...Dadgummit is also a good one- safe and good.

I'm getting pretty aggravated right now.  The heat just kicks my tail.  Even though I keep it at meat hanging level in the house- I jumped in the shower this morning & the warm, not hot, water touched my skin and made it hurt.  UGH

I walk outside and the humidity about knocked me down.  Realize that this was at 6:00 AM.

Yeah, heat is not my friend.  I live in Memphis.  Heat + Humidity for another three months or so.

I CAN do this.  Miserably, but I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment