Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

On Vacations and A Disturbing Fact

We had a fantabulous time down in Gulf Shores. We got a later start on Wednesday evening than intended. Cam has been having some stomach issues and needed to go back to the GP to get a referral to a GI. So, I met him there at 5:15 because he didn't have the copay fundage. While I was there (it's a clinic of sorts), I asked if I could be seen.

Why? Well, I had been having severe pain right above my pubic bone since Sunday. I honestly thought it was just gas. Nice, right? Well, hey, everyone has it. Don lie. Anyway- after four days of eating Phazyme it wasn't any better. Come to find out it was a "Severe Bladder Infection." What? I have had no pain tinkling. Well, she says, it will probably get worse before it gets better. Here is a script for 3 days of Cipro. Okidoke.

So, we left Memphis at 8:30 PM in lieu of the 5:30 PM scheduled departure.

I drove for a bit- then started feeling really tired, as I am wont to do after 6:00 PM every freakin' day. So, Bryan took over the wheel, I settled into the passenger seat for my usual sleep while someone else is driving routine. Well, I guess since this was the first road trip in my new (to me) car- I hadn't gotten my Sleep Mojo going. I was awake the entire way down.

We arrived close to our destination around 4:30 in the morning. I told the kids- we should just stay up and watch the sun come up on the beach. If I could stay up- anyone could. We hit the Walmart in Fairhope, or Foley, wherever, for coffee to make when we got to the condo.

We got in, made coffee and did indeed watch the sun come up. It was beautiful. The sound and smell of the ocean air, a great cup of Community Coffee- it was just wonderful.

I finally got in the bed around 7:00 AM. Slept until 10:00 when my bladder pain woke me from a dead sleep.

Needless to say, it did, indeed, get worse before it got better. I ended up spending the entire first day in the bed. Cipro + Ibuprofen + Cranberry Juice + lots of water. I slept off & on until the next morning. Between pain/peeing/and sweats from fever it wasn't a great day/night.

Also, of course, the Cipro comes with the stay out of the sun warning. Really? The first time I take a day off for 'pleasure' and I'm in bed all day, then I have to be careful of the sun ON THE BEACH! Well, fughettaboutit! I just sprayed on the sunscreen and went for it. I did very well, thankyaverahmuch. I alternated in the sun to under the umbrella all day every day we were there. So, I have a nice tan- one little spot that got sunburned where I obviously missed spraying. It's now turned to tan, all is good.

So, long story short- I had a crappy first day- but the rest were marvelous! The kids had a blast. Bryan had a blast. THAT was the most important thing to me.

Monday was back to reality. ~Le sigh~

Work has been work since I've been back. Same stresses, same dread driving in each morning. Enough about that.

I had something very disturbing occur last night.

I am a TV Crime Show addict. Admission is the first step, right?

So, the premier of Criminal Minds was last night. They started doing the 'what happened last' previews before it started. I watched with a huge question mark looming over my head. I had NO CLUE whatsoever what was going on. I know I watched all last season. I even asked Bryan if he remembered the last show- Yes, yes he did. I sat watching the episode as if it were brand new. I honestly had no clue, no memory of what happened last season. Do you know how scary that is?

And, now I just had the same type thing happen. I emailed Bryan, Evan & Tayler this morning about going to see What If tomorrow night. Bryan just messaged me on Yahoo with RE: the movie- we have tickets to see Jerry Seinfeld tomorrow night. Worst part: We JUST talked about that last night as we were watching a Seinfeld episode.

This really, truly freaks me OUT.

The MS is jacking me UP! I have sworn that I will not allow this disease to run my life. But, how can I do that when I have no control over it? None.

I'm exhausted and fatigued all the time. I have a few hours of 'good' in the mornings, but that's about it. My memory is shot. I'm terrified that I'm going to forget something here at work. I already forgot to pay our (not the company) mortgage this month. Nice, right? These are things that normally just come 'natural' for me.

My life is very scary right now, and it doesn't seem to be looking up anytime soon.

P.S. Please forgive any misspellings, bad grammar, etc. I do a bit better typing things out than I do speaking, but I'm sure this is all jacked up somewhere!


1 comments:

Julie Coney said...

oh man.... that would be scary! Is there a coping mechanisim that you all could develop for you? I dunno, like writing it down in a day timer or something so you know to always check there. Have Bryan help and write in things too that he knows are going on?...
I have to write it all down. even then i forget stuff sometimes.... ask the kids... we call my day timer my black brain.... I am lost without that thing.

Post a Comment