Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random Dozen


1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?

Not that I’m aware of.

2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?

My stepfather was in the Army during Viet Nam, and my husband was in the Marine Corps.

3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.

Anytime I hear the beginning of the Star Spangled Banner or Lee Greenwood’s Proud to be an American- I get goose bumps.

4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?

I am an only child. And, yes, because I had to be ‘on my own’ so much of the time, I believe it did contribute to my hard headed, stubborn nature.

5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.

Love for the Lord, from both of my Grandmother’s & my Mother. I didn’t know either of my Grandfather’s. Strength from my Paternal Grandmother, and humility from my Maternal Grandmother.

6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?

I love long skirts.

7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?

2-3 times, once to go to the restroom (always around 2:00 AM), then without fail, around 4:00 AM with the dread of knowing I have to get up in a couple hours and go to work. I normally just lay back down after the 2:00 AM wakeup and fall back to sleep fairly quickly. The 4:00 AM, notsomuch. Tossing & turning until the alarm goes off.

8. Share a favorite movie quote.
“I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.” ~ The Notebook


9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?

Pumpkin Spice

10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?

Turning our A/C OFF.

11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.

No surprises lately.

12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?

It was Thanksgiving Day- I was to make my infamous Southern Cornbread Dressing for these California folks. I get to their home only to realize they don’t have a Cast Iron skillet. Anyone from the South knows you can’t make proper Cornbread Dressing without a Cast Iron Skillet. I made do with a Teflon cake pan- but it just wasn’t the same. I did take to them both immediately, and I believe, they to me. I think they thought I was a little on the crazy side, though. And, couldn't understand hardly a word I said. HAHA

1 comments:

Julie Coney said...

no cast iron skillet..... hee hee. :)

Post a Comment