Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Who Am I Kidding?

I thought I was going to have some time to write yesterday, but alas, the Excel spreadsheets and report forms for a client had to be done. It takes a lot of concentration on a regular basis to do these things, much less in the afternoon when most of my brain power has been depleted. But, they are done, for the year. And, correctly, thank God.

To address some of the notes on my last entry. No, we don't have a union, no the FMLA or ADA apply to me. Why? Because we only have 11 employee's. FMLA requires 50 employee's, ADA requires 15. Add to that, Tennessee is an 'at will' employment state. What does that mean? It means I can be fired with no reason given, and I can quit with no reason given.

So, there ya go. Add to that, I heard back from our disability carrier today, that I have been denied because I am not, according to my neurologist 'disabled'. And, no I'm not. My boss spoke with the carrier a few months ago to find out if there would be coverage for additional days I was off over and above my PTO- they, being the sales rep, said OF COURSE. Notsomuch the case. And, that's OK.

I DO have more good days than bad. So I really can't complain. It's just that the stress of this job is a major contributor to exacerbating my symptoms. Don't stress you say? Yeah, I say that to myself every day. Not easy.

Actually, my boss has sort of changed his tune the past couple of weeks. I think he realized what he said really cut me to the bone. I never said anything, but truth be told, he's been in kiss up mode.

I AM very good at what I do. I should be, I've been in this business for 26 years. He would seriously have to hire three people to do my job(s). I think it finally sunk in with him.

As much as I would LOVE and want to get out of this town, I am the one kidding myself.

It would be so hard for me to find a job. We simply can't make it on just one income even if we dwindled down to an efficiency apartment and one vehicle. My income is what pays the majority of the bills. That's not to knock my husband, but he has other obligations that take half of his paycheck. The part about that that aggravates me, is he works so hard, so many hours, on SALARY that is much lower than he is worth. But, he does love his job, and we have pretty good benefits. So, period, end of story- I will be working & living here until I can't anymore and that's just the way it is.

And, seriously, who, in this economy, leaves fairly good job security?

So, enough about that.

Dr.'s appointments for the kids next week. Evan to see a dermatologist for a strange mole that has a white circle around it, and Tay to see a GP and maybe on to a Gastroenterologist for some tummy issues she's been plagued with since last year.

We are taking a trip next week, but I can't tell where- it's a surprise for the kids & they might stumble upon this on my other blog. Details to follow, when I can share them. I have to give major props to my boss, actually, for said trip. He's allowing me to take the time (paid) a few days prior to my anniversary date, and we are staying at his 'place' at the destination.

Some trivial updates- I'm completely hooked on Nip/Tuck- thanks to Jules. I'm on Season 5. I can't believe I never watched this show before. Everyone has to have a guilty pleasure, yes? Well, this is mine.

I have lost almost 10 lbs in the past month or so. It certainly doesn't show much, but I'm trying. Just 30 more to go. ~sigh~

Ciao! for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment