Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Like My Mama Always Said....

If you don't have something nice to say, say nothing at all.  Can I just tell you how many times in my life I've practiced this?  No, I can't- because I can't count the times.

I'm workin' on it, though.  And, I'm doing pretty good.

You see, the older I get, the smaller my 'Edit' button gets.  I now see why 'older' women just tell it like it is.

I've spent many years of my life keeping my mouth shut, and sucking it up.  But, that hasn't worked out so well for me in the past.  It just stayed buried long enough to brew resentment.

I'm trying to find that balance, the perfect balance, where keeping my mouth shut, keeping it in, and letting it go so it doesn't brew into something ugly.

I'm praying that God gives me the wisdom to know WHEN to say something, and to say it in love, and when to keep my trap SHUT.

The funny part is- when I am just OVER IT, and tired- whatever I DO say, probably won't come out with the right words- and I'll just sound like an idiot and not the Byotch I really am.

I'm feeling very 'off' today.  Physically, mentally- I should be used to it- but it still tends to freak me out a bit.  But, I'll just keep on rollin', because the beat does have to go on.........

0 comments:

Post a Comment