Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

MS Bites the Big One

I love the saying "I have MS, but MS doesn't have ME".  And, someday's I have that feeling.  The past several months, I have to admit MS does have me!  By the short hairs!

I can't stand to complain, but sometimes I just have to get it out.  I'm trying to be that strong, self sufficient, hard headed woman that I've been since I was about 8.

But, can I tell ya?  MS is beating this woman down.

I now know that I've had this disease for many years- going back to symptoms that I had over the years- not knowing what it was other than "I'm just getting to be a 'woman of a certain age'.  I actually had the "MS Hug" back in 2003 for several weeks.  Went to the Dr.- he couldn't explain it, and told me just wait for it to go away, and if it didn't to come back.  Awesome, dude- I probably could have been on some kinda of shot back then and not be as bad as I am today.

But, shoulda, coulda, would, right?  And, those shots?  Those daily shots that I've taken for a year?  Yeah, they didn't work out so well for me, either.  But, I will keep on keeping on.

I just don't know how much longer I can stress myself out over work.  Making sure every little thing is right, trying to remember everything I need to, it's so flippin' hard.  It's work just trying to get through work.

And, I do know- I am extremely fortunate and blessed that I'm getting up and walking every day.  That I still have my vision (although corrected)- I still have it.  I'm not in a wheel chair- not even having to use my cane.  I AM blessed, but I am also a realist.  And, I will admit when I can't do something.  I have to- it's eating me alive.

The guilt- ahh, the guilt.

That will be a topic for another day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment