Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Love Languages

Did you know that there are Five Love Languages?  No?  Neither did I.  But, according to Gary Chapman, there are.

I'm almost finished with his book The Five Love Languages, and BY GEORGE, I think he's onto something.

Even if you are blissfully married, I can't recommend this book enough.

I'm 45 years old going into my 46th year, and I've loved, yes I have.  But, have I loved in the right way?  I've learned that I do have room to grow.

The Five Love Languages are:
Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch

I won't share much more about the book, because I want you, you, and you to buy it, borrow it, check it out at the library.

I'm really not saying YOU- I say that because I think everyone should read it.

I've figured out what MY Love Language is, and I have a pretty good idea of what my groom's is/are (you can have more than one, it's not against the rules), but I'm going to ask him to read it, as well.  Then we can compare and talk about it.

Loving someone is more than saying I love you, it's more than sex, it's more than just a quick kiss & hug before you leave.

And, this doesn't just apply to spouses, it applies to friends and family, as well.

I'm learning to love right.

Will you?

1 comments:

JF Tutko said...

Well you know how *I* feel about this book! It is utterly brilliant and applies to ALL relationships in our lives. :)

Post a Comment