Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Taking 'Green' to the Next Level

I am a die hard recycler.  I even rinse out cans to go into the bins.  Our recycle crew that picks up on Friday's surely think I'm crazy.  Driving out of the subdivision on Friday mornings, I see most of what the neighbors have in their bins.  A milk jug, some soda cans.  That's about it.

I have not reached the level of nothing but 'green' cleaning products.  Yes, I hang my head in shame, but I am an uber clean freak.  And, you know that smell after you've cleaned and scrubbed the bathroom, the kitchen, wherever?  It's just DIVINE to me.  But, I'm going to try.  I have started using Mule Team Borax in lieu of Clorox bleach in my laundry, I also use it to scrub the stainless sink- it just doesn't get it as shiney as the SOS pads, but I'm learning to relax a bit.

I also haven't stopped buying paper towels.  Napkins? Yes.  Only cloth in the casa.  But, I'm really going to try.  My only issue with that is cleaning mirrors, glass, etc.  We don't get the newspaper (stopped that to go 'green')- I can read it online should I choose to do so.  So, what does one use to clean those surfaces?  I really need to know.

The next revolution has started.  Where?  In my closet.  I purged my purses this weekend- nothing but, all leather or all cotton.  I only have about 3 purses left.  Next will be the clothes and the shoes.  If it's not natural, it's going away.  Now to find a cotton bra that will contain the girls.  I have found the perfect panties.  100% Cotton Boy shorts with lace,  from Target.  Gilligan O'Malley, I believe.

I seriously dream of not having ample breasticles.  I'm praying they go down a couple of sizes with my weight loss.  They haven't in the past, but one can hope, right?

After my closet is almost empty, I'm sure, it will be on to the cleansing, moisturizing products.  I am loving St. Ives, the body wash I purchased for cheap is all natural and they do NO animal testing on their products.

If I could afford a Toyota Prius- that would be on the 'future goals' list- but, those dang things are expensive!

What will you do to go a little more 'green' today?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I am greener than I thought! I wear the Bio-Fit from Victoria Secret.....it is bio degradeable and the sisters are set in comfort for the cause....:)

shannon said...

we are recycling everything from the shop now too, i have been doing it for a while at the house, I do the same as you lisa, i am sure my neighbors wonder what the heck, because i have 2 recycle bins, could really use another one, or two.

Post a Comment